Make sure to read the Muffin Topless Summer Challenge Intro before proceeding with the following meal plan!
Hashtag your posts on Twitter & Instagram with #MTLSummer to stay accountable and to motivate others participating in the challenge! =)
Please keep in mind: The Muffin Topless Summer Challenge is not just a short-term diet or a quick fix. If you want staggering, long-term results, you MUST commit to a LIFESTYLE change. This challenge sets you up for success by showing you how to build a healthy lifestyle you can commit to. It will show you that healthy food can make you feel amazing and taste delicious. It will show you that exercise can boost your mood, energy and self-confidence. On top of that, this challenge will teach you that a positive mindset and an optimistic attitude can make all the difference in the world when it comes to the quality of your life.
Keep in mind that transforming your life and shaping your body takes hard work, patience, dedication, determination and discipline. There is no magical pill, potion or gadget that will strip away body fat without breaking a sweat! If it were easy, everyone would be in fantastic shape. But if you commit for the long-term and stay consistent with your healthy eating and exercise, you WILL reach your goals!
MEAL PLAN TIPS & GUIDELINES:
- Always make sure to check with a doctor before starting any diet or exercise program!
- Eat ALL of the meals listed, spaced 2-3 hours apart, DON’T skip meals.
- Cook your meals at home, do not buy pre-packed meals or frozen dinners! Lean Cuisines are a no-go!
- Have a once a week cheat meal of whatever you want (meal not day). Try to keep the portion size reasonable (in other words, a few slices of pizza is fine, but an entire large pizza is not).
- Do not add cream, sweeteners, sugar, condiments, dressings, marinades, croutons or sauces to anything unless it’s on the grocery list. They are typically packed with junk and hidden calories.
- Do away with diet and regular sodas, sports, drinks, juice, store-bought smoothies, etc. Stick to good ol’ h2O!
- Use measuring cups and a food scale to measure everything, do not “eyeball it”. PORTION SIZES ARE KEY and guesstimating is not wise until you have been doing this a while. TRUST ME ON THIS. It’s one of the keys to success on this challenge!
- Always carry a water bottle, an apple and a baggy of nuts in your purse in case of emergencies (so you don’t get stuck somewhere where junk is only available). “If you fail to prepare, you prepare to fail!”
- Drink a big glass of ice water with lemon 15 minutes before meals to keep from overeating if you have a habit of doing so.
- For serving sizes, read the labels. When natural peanut butter says a tablespoon, they mean a LEVEL tablespoon, not heaping! Same goes for 1/2 cup and 1 cup.. LEVEL not heaping!
- If you’re very busy or on-the-go, prepare your meals in advance! Cook in bulk on one or two days a week and separate meals into individual tupperware containers. Store most in the freezer and the number you will need the next day in the fridge to thaw. That way in the morning you can just grab them and go! Check out my article on clean eats for busy bees and meal prep tips to save you time! I also have a plethora more articles about nutrition to overcome obstacles and help you reach your goals.. check those out by clicking HERE. =)
- Get rid of the junk food! If you don’t buy it, you won’t eat it!
- The following foods shouldn’t be eaten, unless they are your once-a-week cheat meal: cookies, chips, crackers, candy, ice cream, pudding, jell-o, flavored yogurt, deli meats, processed meats, white breads and pastas, sugary cereals, packaged processed crap, granola bars. They are all full of sugar and processed, chemical junk! Sugar spikes insulin and promotes fat storage. The OPPOSITE of what you want if your goal is a lean, healthy body. There are PLENTY of other delicious, healthy options to choose from!
- Cut down on the alcohol. It shuts down your metabolism, promotes fat storage and breaks down muscle tissue (awesome right?) If you can’t go a few weeks without a drink, there are bigger issues to solve than weight!
***For the following meal plans, males will need to double everything except almond milk. PLEASE keep in mind, you may need to adjust portion sizes to fit your own body and goals… this is simply a template! You can use the calculators provided HERE to find out how many calories you should be consuming and thus, what your portion sizes should be to fit that! If you are unsure how many calories are in the following foods, check out resources like Fat Secret or Self!
REGULAR MEAL PLAN
1 Whole Egg + 3 Egg Whites + 1/2 Cup Old-Fashioned Oatmeal
OR Egg White Omelette – 1/2 Cup Egg Whites + 1oz Fat Free Feta Cheese + Bell Peppers + Spinach
1/2 Cup Nonfat Cottage Cheese + Serving Mixed Berries
OR 1/2 Cup Nonfat Plain Greek Yogurt (can sweeten with Stevia & cinnamon) + Medium Apple
OR 1/2 Serving Nuts or Nut Butter + Medium Pear or Apple
4 ounces of Fish, Chicken or Extra Lean Ground Turkey + 1 Serving Fibrous Veggies + 1/2 Cup Brown Rice (Quinoa or 4oz Yam/Sweet Potato or 1 Slice Ezekiel Bread)
Same options as snack 1 but try to mix it up!
4 ounces of Chicken, Fish or Extra Lean Ground Turkey + 1 Serving Fibrous Veggies
Post-workout (this is non-negotiable girls)-
Protein Shake made with 1 Cup Unsweetened Almond or Coconut Milk or Water (I like to blend mine with ice)
VEGETARIAN MEAL PLAN
Serving Plain, Nonfat Greek Yogurt with Stevia & Cinnamon + Serving Berries
OR Whole Egg + 3 Whites + 1/2 Cup Oatmeal
Snack 1 -
Protein Powder + 1 Cup Unsweetened Almond or Coconut Milk
OR 1/2 Cup Nonfat Cottage Cheese + TB Natural Almond Butter
3-4oz Tofu + Serving Green Veggies + 1/2 Cup Brown Rice
OR 1/2 Cup Quinoa + Serving Green Veggies + Apple
Snack 2 -
1/2 Cup White or Black Beans (opt for low-sodium if possible) + Serving Green Veggies
OR Nonfat Plain Greek Yogurt (can sweeten with stevia) + TB Natural Nut Butter
OR 1/2 Cup Nonfat Cottage Cheese + 1/2 ounce Almonds
Egg White Omelette – 1/2 Cup Egg Whites + 1oz Fat Free Feta Cheese + Bell Peppers + Spinach
OR Tofu Stir Fry – 3-4oz Tofu + Green Beans + Mushrooms + Sliced Carrots
Protein Powder made with 1 Cup Unsweetened Almond or Coconut Milk or Water (I like to blend mine with ice)
Regular mustard, Tapatio, Tabasco, Cholula, Other similar hot sauces, Any sodium-free spices like Mrs. Dash, Sea salt (keep this moderate), Pepper, Balsamic Vinegar, Apple Cider Vinegar, Stevia (they sell flavored drops online or at stores like Whole Foods), & Cinnamon.
If you are thinking “I don’t have time for all of this” or “I’m on the go all the time”… just remember. Fitness competitors and fitness models with full time jobs, families and children still manage to find time to eat healthy and stay fit! Read my tips on eating healthy when you’re busy! “If it’s important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.”
Don’t let excuses ruin your opportunities.. it’s not that you “can’t” it’s that you “won’t”. With that said… If you have a serious problem with any of this, please let me know and I’d be happy offer some solutions! Take a look at the links I have provided at the top of my website first though, which are FULL of tips for eating healthy! =)
If you cheat, you are only cheating yourself. But NEVER quit. I don’t care if you ate Charlie’s whole chocolate factory, do NOT give up. You can do this! If you are struggling, reach out to a fellow fitblr!!! =)
**DISCLAIMER** I am NOT a dietician, counselor, personal trainer, doctor, or any other healthcare related professional. I do not mind giving advice or suggestions, but please keep in mind that I have NOT been trained in these fields. If you ask me a question I will answer it to the best of my ability. **Please note! It is solely your decision to participate in the Muffin Top-Less Summer Transformation Challenge. Make sure you check with a doctor before proceeding with any diet or exercise program.